Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Motion Design Project

This is one of my projects I did for my Motion Design class.  I started by finding an image for the ice texture to make it look more realistic.  I then built my hockey arena around it in Indesign.  Once I had all my background put together, I then added the goalie in front of the net.

I also made the puck in Indesign by using the ellipse tool and adding a bevel effect to it.  The effect makes it look 3D and real.  Once I had the puck, goalie and background made, I then took it into After Effects to make it come to life.

The process was pretty easy.  I basically just key framed the position of both the puck and goalie to interact with one another.  To make it look like the puck was shot into the net, all I did was key frame the position as well as the scale to give it the effect that its being shot into the distance.

This was a fun little project for this class, and there will be lots more to learn so I'm definitely excited and ready.  I will be posting my next assignment shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment