Saturday, May 19, 2012

Discovery Project

For my discovery project, I decided to record a song and shoot a music video.  I chose to do this as working on music is one of my favourite pastimes.  Also, shooting a music video will allow me to use the skills I have learned in my classes like video editing as well as motion design.  I was very eager to start this project as this was the one and only time we were able to do whatever we wanted.  However, now being already at week 4, things haven't been going the way I planned.

Writing a song takes time and concentration.  Sometimes, writing a song just won't happen no matter how hard you try.  You basically get whats called "writers block" which is what I have been having for the past two weeks.  It has come to the point where I might just have to use a song that I have already made, or use an existing song from an artist.  If I can't write anything by monday, I will have to resort to to using different material.

Shooting the music video will be tough as well, however since I already know what I want, it shouldn't be too hard to do.  I got an idea from a McDonalds commercial for the main effect I want to use in this video.  Basically, in the commercial there are a set of hands that pick up a happy meal box and there is video footage playing on each side of the box.  It will definitely be a challenge to set all that up and work magic in after effects, but I feel like I am ready for the challenge.

Well, thats all I have for now.  I really hope everything goes smooth from here on out but I still have confidence that I will be able to finish my project in time.  Thanks for checking my blogger out, and I will be back shortly with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment